First Church at Kecoughtan Marker, WY-90

Near here on the church creek stood the first church at Kecoughtan (later Hampton). Built on the Parish Glebe Farm about 1616, as the first church of the oldest continuous settlement of English origin in America, William Mease was the first known minister of the Parish, from 1613 until about 1620.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1950
Region: Tidewater Region
Geographic Location: Hampton
Physical Description of Location: Hampton, VA 23651. Located on Lasalle Avenue, less than 1/5 of a mile north of the junction of Lasalle Avenue and Chesapeake Avenue. Marker is on the right when traveling north on Lasalle Avenue.
GPS Location: 37.004909,-76.359138
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth