Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home4/markerh/public_html/wp-load.php on line 1
Farrar's Island K-199 | Marker History

Farrar’s Island Marker, K-199

In 1611, Farrar's Island was the site of the "Citie of Henrico," one of Virginia's first four primary settlement areas under the Virginia Company of London. Later, it was part of a 2,000-acre land patent issued posthumously to William Farrar in 1637. Farrar, who arrived in Virginia from London in 1618 aboard the Neptune, invested in the company under its third charter. In 1626, Governor Sir George Yeardley appointed Farrar to the governor's Council, a position he occupied until 1632. He also served as a justice for two counties. Farrar family members resided on the island until they sold it to Thomas Randolph on 26 Jan. 1727.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1999
Region: Richmond Region
Geographic Location: Chesterfield County
Physical Description of Location: Chester, VA 23831. Located on Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1), 0.6 miles south of the intersection of Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1) and Route 288. Marker is on the right when traveling south on Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1).
GPS Location: 37.3692796550,-77.4178278330
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth