The oldest congregation in the Fincastle Presbytery, the Falling Spring Presbyterian Church, was organized before 1748. The Hanover Presbytery met here in October, 1780. The present Gothic Revival church was constructed of slave-made brick during the Civil War. At the time of its dedication in April, 1864, General Thomas L. Rosser's Cavalry Brigade was camped here. The first burial in the present cemetery was that of John Grigsby of Fruit Hill (1720-1794).
Geographic Location: Rockbridge County
Physical Description of Location: South Lee Highway (US 11), at top of T intersection with Falling Spring Road (State Route 680), Natural Bridge, VA 24578.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth