One mile north is Emory and Henry College, founded in 1836, the first institution of higher learning in Southwest Virginia. It was named for Bishop John Emory of the Methodist Church and Patrick Henry, the orator of the Revolution. Four bishops of the Methodist Church, three governors, and one United States Senator are among its alumni.
Geographic Location: Washington County
Physical Description of Location: Center median of junction between Lee Highway (US 11) and College Drive (County Road 737), Meadowview, VA 24361.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth