Elk Hill Marker, SA-5
Two miles south is Elk Hill, once owned by Thomas Jefferson. Lord Cornwallis made his headquarters there, June 7-15, 1781; this was the western limit of his invasion. On June 15 he turned eastward, leaving the place pillaged and carrying off slaves.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1931
Geographic Location: Goochland County
Physical Description of Location: Goochland, VA 23063. Located on River Road West (Rt. 6), 1 mile west of the junction of River Road West (Rt. 6) and Hadensville-Fife Road. Marker is on the right when traveling west on River Road West (Rt. 6).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth