Early Land Patent Marker, NW-10
Argoll Yeardley patented 4000 acres of land, known as Tyndall's Neck, here on the north side of Charles (now York) River, October 12, 1640. This was one of the first land patents north of the York River.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1930
Geographic Location: Gloucester County
Physical Description of Location: Gloucester Point, VA 23062. Located on George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17), 2 miles southwest of the junction of George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17) and Guinea Road (Rt. 216). Marker is on the right when traveling southwest on George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth