Ditchley, five miles northeast, was patented in 1651 by Colonel Richard Lee. The first house dated from 1687, the present house was built by Kendall Lee in 1752. Cobbs Hall, near by, was acquired by Richard Lee, probably before 1651. A house was built there by Charles Lee in 1720; the present house is modern.
Geographic Location: Northumberland County
Physical Description of Location: East Main Street, about 400 feet prior to intersection with Ditchley Road (State Route 607) Kilmarnock, VA 22482. Marker is on right when traveling north on E Main St.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth