Built in 1783 in one corner of the jailyard to serve as residence for the jailer, the building served in this capacity for 41 years. Iron bars, oak batten doors and locks were added in 1842 when it was converted into a prison for debtors in Accomack County.
Geographic Location: Accomack County
Physical Description of Location: Accomac, VA. Located on the right-hand side of Courthouse Avenue just north of the intersection of Front St (Rt. 13) and Courthouse Avenue.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth