Cumberland County Marker, Z-142
Formed in 1748 from Goochland, and named for the Duke of Cumberland, second son of King George II. The earliest call for independence came from this county, April 22, 1776.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1934
Geographic Location: Buckingham County
Physical Description of Location: Cumberland, VA 23040. Located on Anderson Hwy (Hwy 60), 4 miles west of the junction of Anderson Hwy (Hwy 60) and Cumberland Road (Rt. 45). Marker is on the left when traveling west on Anderson Hwy (Hwy 60).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth