Six miles south is Cub Creek Presbyterian Church, the oldest church in this section. The neighborhood was known as the Caldwell Settlement for John Caldwell, grandfather of John C. Calhoun of South Carolina. About 1738 he brought here a colony of Scotch-Irish and obtained permission to establish a church.
Geographic Location: Charlotte County
Physical Description of Location: Charlotte Court House, VA 23923. Located on Patrick Henry Hwy, 2.2 miles east of the intersection of Patrick Henry Hwy and Co. Road 746. Marker is on the right when traveling east on Patrick Henry Hwy.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth