The Craig House, perhaps Richmond's second oldest structure, was built between 1784 and 1787 by Adam Craig (b. ca. 1760-d. 1808). He was clerk of the Richmond Hustings Court, the Henrico County Court, and the General Court. To save the house, a group of Richmond citizens in 1935 formed the William Byrd Branch of the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities. The house served Richmond's black community as the Craig House Art Center from 1938 to 1941.
Geographic Location: Richmond (City)
Physical Description of Location: 1800-1812 E Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23223.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth