Constructed in 1855 as a tobacco factory by Major William T. Sutherlin, this renovated structure housed Union prisoners during the Civil War, 1861-1865. It was one of six Danville Confederate prisons in which as many as 7000 Union soldiers were confined.
Geographic Location: Danville
Physical Description of Location: Danville, VA 24541. Located on Lynn Street, less than 1/5 of a mile south of the intersection of Lynn Street and Main Street (Rt. 293). Marker is on the right when traveling south on Lynn Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth