This church, the new church of Stratton Major Parish, was built in 1767. Rev. William Robinson, the Bishop of London's commissary, came to the parish in 1744 and was the first minister of the new church. It fell into disuse after the Revolution but later became a Methodist church.
Date Approved by DHR: 09/18/08
Year On Marker: 1930
Geographic Location: King and Queen County
Physical Description of Location: Shanghai, VA 23091. Located on The Trail (Rt. 14), 0.5 miles north of the junction of The Trail (Rt. 14) and State Route 603. Marker is on the left when traveling north on The Trail (Rt. 14).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth