Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home4/markerh/public_html/wp-load.php on line 1
Clintwood XB-11 | Marker History

Clintwood Marker, XB-11

The name originally was Holly Creek. In 1882 the county seat of Dickenson County was moved from Ervington to this place, which was named Clintwood for Major Henry Clinton Wood. The town was incorporated in 1894. With the coming of the railroad to the county in 1915, the population rapidly increased as the mineral and timber resources were opened.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1941
Region: Southwest Region
Geographic Location: Dickenson County
Physical Description of Location: Clintwood, VA 24228. Located on Main Street (Rt. 83), 0.6 miles west of the intersection of Main Street (Rt. 83) and Brush Creek Road. Marker is on the left when traveling west on Main Street (Rt. 83).
GPS Location: 37.1490528970,-82.4722712770
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth