One mile north; home of Carter Henry Harrison, land patented, 1723. Harrison, as a member of the Cumberland Committee of Safety, wrote the instructions for independence (adopted April 22) presented by the county delegates to the Virginia convention of May, 1776. Apparently this was the first of such declarations publicly approved. The convention declared for independence.
Geographic Location: Cumberland County
Physical Description of Location: Located on Co. Road 690, 0.75 miles northwest of the intersection of Co. Road 690 and Cartersville Road. Marker is on the right when traveling northwest on Co. Road 690.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth