Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home4/markerh/public_html/wp-load.php on line 1
Cleydael EP-9 | Marker History

Cleydael Marker, EP-9

This T-shaped house was built in 1859 by Dr. Richard Stuart as a summer residence for his family. On Sunday afternoon, April 23, 1865, John Wilkes Booth and three companions came to this house seeking medical assistance from Dr. Stuart. Suspicious of his visitors and aware of Lincoln's assassination, Dr. Stuart refused to aid them and sent them away after dinner.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1989
Region: Fredericksburg-Culpeper-Warrenton and Upper Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: King George County
Physical Description of Location: King George, VA 22485. Located on Dahlgren Road (Rt. 206), 1.25 miles south of the junction of Dahlgren Road (Rt. 206) and Caledon Road (Rt. 218). Marker is on the left when traveling south on Dahlgren Road (Rt. 206).
GPS Location: 38.3159121480,-77.1364670760
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth