This plantation, four miles to the northeast, was established in 1619 by Captain William Powell of Jamestown. Structures and artifacts on the property reflect plantation life from the early 17th century to the present. Donated to the Commonwealth by Mrs. Victor Stewart in 1967 for use as a state park, Chippokes is noted for its 350 years of continuous agricultural production and its modern recreational facilities.
Geographic Location: Surry County
Physical Description of Location: Southeast corner of intersection between Colonial Trail E (Virginia 10) and Alliance Road (State Route 634), Surry, VA 23883.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth