Chestnut Hill Marker, K-146

Nearby stood Chestnut Hill, the home of Charles Lynch, Sr. He was the father of John Lynch, the founder of Lynchburg, and of Charles Lynch, Jr., a Revolutionary officer. Charles Lynch, Sr., died in 1753 and is believed to be buried at Chestnut Hill. The wooden house was later owned by Judge Edmond Winston and then by Henry Langhorne, during whose occupancy it burned. Members of the Lynch family were among the first Quaker settlers in the area.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1999
Region: Blue Ridge and Central Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Lynchburg
Physical Description of Location: Lynchburg, VA 24501. Located on Campbell Avenue (Hwy 501), 0.25 miles north of the intersection of Campbell Avenue (Hwy 501) and Richmond Hwy (Hwy 501). Marker is on the left when traveling north on Campbell Avenue (Hwy 501).
GPS Location: 37.380423,-79.134238
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth