Charlotte County Marker, Z-114

Formed in 1845 from Buckingham, Prince Edward, Charlotte, and Campbell, and named for an Indian tribe. This county was the scene of Lee's surrender, April 9, 1865. (Reverse) Charlotte County Z-114 Formed in 1764 from Lunenburg, and named for Queen Charlotte, wife of King George III. Patrick Henry and John Randolph of Roanoke lived in this county, and Henry is buried here.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1942
Region: Southside Region
Geographic Location: Appomattox County
Physical Description of Location: Red House, VA 23963. Located on Co Road 727, 1.25 miles north of the intersection of Co Road 727 and Co. Road 615. Marker is on the left when traveling north on Co Road 727.
GPS Location: 37.202003,-78.808154
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth