In 1702 Charles City County, which then included both sides of James River, was divided; the courthouse here was built about 1730. Here Simcoe's British cavalry surprised a party of militia, January 8, 1781. Here Grant's army passed on its way to the river, June, 1864.
Geographic Location: Charles City County
Physical Description of Location: 11398 John Tyler Memorial Hwy Charles City, VA 23030. Located at the intersection of John Tyler Memorial Hwy and Courthouse Road (Rt. 155) at the western corner.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth