About one mile east, on north (lefthand) side of road (see stone marker and old foundations) stood the last colonial church of Charles Parish, built about 1708 and burned a century later, on the site of two earlier churches of the parish, built about 1636 and 1682. This parish was first known as New Poquoson Parish in 1635 and was renamed Charles Parish in 1692.
Geographic Location: York County
Physical Description of Location: 101 Hampton Highway (Virginia 134), at intersection with Yorktown Road, Yorktown, VA 23693.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth