An outgrowth of the mother church on Lynn Street in Danville, the North Danville Methodist Episcopal Church, South, was founded by 47 devoted members at the corner of Church and Keen Streets on November 14, 1879. This was the first organized religious group in North Danville. On November 14, 1887, a new sanctuary on this site was dedicated and known as Calvary Methodist Episcopal Church, South. In 1968 the name was changed to Calvary United Methodist Church.
Geographic Location: Danville
Physical Description of Location: Danville, VA 24540. Located on North Main Street (Rt. 293), 0.2 miles south of the intersection of North Main Street (Rt. 293) and Justin Lane (Rt. 360). Marker is on the left when traveling south on North Main Street (Rt. 293).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth