Bolling Hall, to the south, was built in the late 18th century for William Bolling on land patented by his grandfather in 1714. Col. Bolling served as a county justice, militia officer, and legislator, and founded a pioneer school there for the education of deaf children. Remodeled extensively in the mid-19th and mid-20th centuries, Bolling Hall retains its elegant woodwork, its rural setting on the James River, and its historical function as a farm.
Geographic Location: Goochland County
Physical Description of Location: Goochland, VA 23063. Located on River Road West (Rt. 6), 0.25 miles west of the junction of River Road West (Rt. 6) and Dogtown Road. Marker is on the right when traveling west on River Road West (Rt. 6).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth