The place was first known as "Pin Hook." In 1883 the New River branch of the N. & W. Railroad was completed here and the first coal shipped from the Pocahontas mines. The town of Graham was incorporated in 1884 and named for Thomas Graham of Philadelphia. The town was reincorporated and the name changed to Bluefield, 1924, to conform to its sister city.
Geographic Location: Tazewell County
Physical Description of Location: 2086-2092 Trail of the Lonesome Pine (US 19), Bluefield, VA 24605.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth