The Blue Ridge Mission School was established by the Virginia Baptist General Convention in 1916 at a site just to the southeast. It provided general education and religious training, on both the elementary and secondary level, to day and boarding students. Its program was increasingly coordinated with, and in 1941 superseded by, that of the newly-developed public school system.
Geographic Location: Patrick County
Physical Description of Location: Southeast corner of intersection of Woolwine Highway (Route 8) and Pilson Sawmill Road (State Route 613), Stuart, VA 24171. Marker is on right when traveling north on 8.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth