Black Heath Marker, O-34
Half a mile north stood Black Heath, later owned by Captain John Heth, officer in Continental Army, whose son, Henry Heth, Major-General C.S.A., was born here in 1825. Coal of high quality was mined here.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1970
Geographic Location: Chesterfield County
Physical Description of Location: Midlothian, VA 23113. Located on Midlothian Turnpike (Hwy 60), 0.2 miles west of the intersection of Midlothian Turnpike (Hwy 60) and Huguenot Road (Rt 147). Marker is on the right when traveling west on Midlothian Turnpike (Hwy 60).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth