containertop

Bizarre Marker, MJ-1

Near here is the site of Bizarre, owned in 1742 by Richard Randolph of Curles. In 1781, his grandson, John Randolph of Roanoke, took refuge at Bizarre with his mother on account of Arnold's invasion. John Randolph lived here until 1810, when he moved to Roanoke in Charlotte County.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1929
Region: Southside Region
Geographic Location: Prince Edward County
Physical Description of Location: 609 N Main Street (Route 45), Farmville, VA 23901. Marker is on right when traveling south on N Main Street, just prior to crossing over Appomatox River bridge.
GPS Location: 37.3084153120,-78.3886146460
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth
containerbottom