Formerly Spring Creek Church. Organized, July 25, 1790. Benjamin Watkins, founder and first pastor, 1790-1831. Located four miles northwest, 1790-1855. Then four miles southwest, 1855-1897. Moved to this location, 1897. Home church of Nannie Bland David, Missionary to Africa, 1880-1885. Her dying words: "Never give up Africa."
Geographic Location: Chesterfield County
Physical Description of Location: Bon Air, VA 23235. Located on Midlothian Turnpike (Hwy 60), 1 mile west of the intersection of Midlothian Turnpike (Hwy 60) and Powhite Pkwy (Rt. 76). Marker is on the right when traveling west on Midlothian Turnpike (Hwy 60).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth