Barclay House and Scottsville Museum Marker, GA-35

Here stands the Barclay House, built about 1830, later the home of Dr. James Turner Barclay, inventor for the U.S. Mint and missionary to Jerusalem. He founded the adjacent Disciples Church in 1846 and served as its first preacher. It is now the Scottsville Museum.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1972
Region: Blue Ridge and Central Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Albemarle County
Physical Description of Location: 298 Main St. Scottsville, VA 24590. Located 1/4 of a mile east of the intersection of Main Street (Rt. 6) and Valley Street (Rt. 20) on the left.
GPS Location: 37.798852,-78.493095
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth