Built about 1784 by John Nivision at the corner of Crawford and Glasgow streets and moved to this site in 1869. It served as a barracks in the War of 1812. Lafayette was entertained here in 1824 and President Andrew Jackson in 1833. The Ball family acquired the property in 1870.
Geographic Location: Portsmouth
Physical Description of Location: Middle Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth