Bacon’s Castle Marker, K-235

This house, just to the north, was built by Arthur Allen in 1655. In Bacon's Rebellion, 1676, the house was seized by a party of rebels and fortified. On December 29, 1676, it was captured by sailors from a ship in James River who were engaged in putting down the rebellion.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1961
Region: Tidewater Region
Geographic Location: Surry County
Physical Description of Location: 6813-6839 Colonial Trail E (Virginia 10), 250 feet south of intersection with White Marsh Road (State Route 617), Surry, VA 23883. Marker is on left when traveling south on Virginia 10.
GPS Location: 37.104421,-76.729993
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth