Ashbury’s Deathplace Marker, EH-8

A short distance southeast is the site of the George Arnold House where Bishop Francis Asbury died, March 31, 1816. Asbury, born in England in 1745, came to America in 1771 and labored here until his death. He was ordained one of the first two bishops of the Methodist Episcopal Church in America at the Baltimore Conference of December, 1784.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1982
Region: Fredericksburg-Culpeper-Warrenton and Upper Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Spotsylvania County
Physical Description of Location: 5871 Partlow Road (Virginia 738), about 1.8 miles south of intersection with Courthouse Road (Virginia 208), Partlow, VA 22534. Marker is on right when traveling north on Virginia 738.
GPS Location: 38.1190223130,-77.6260693360
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth