Two miles west stood Arlington, original home of the Custis Family, built by John Custis. The family tombs are still preserved there. Governor Wm. Berkeley made his headquarters there during Bacon's Rebellion in 1676. Arlington on the Potomac was named for this Arlington.
Geographic Location: Northampton County
Physical Description of Location: 3170-3198 Custis Tomb Dr, Cape Charles, VA 23310. Marker is near intersection with Arlington Road.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth