Here is Aquia Church, the church of Overwharton Parish, formed before 1680 by the division of Potomac Parish. It was built in 1757, on the site of an earlier church, in the rectorship of Reverend John Moncure, who was the parish minister from 1738 to 1764. The communion silver was given the parish in 1739 and was buried in three successive wars, 1776, 1812 and 1861.
Geographic Location: Stafford County
Physical Description of Location: 2938 Jefferson Davis Highway (US 1), about .1 miles north of intersection with Garrisonville Road, Stafford, VA 22554. Marker is on right, in front of Aquia Epsicopal Church, when traveling north on US 1.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth