This building, erected in 1892 when the county seat was moved to this location, should not be mistaken for the original, built in 1846 and destroyed by fire in 1892. Three miles northeast is Old Appomattox Court House and the McLean House where Lee surrendered to Grant on April 9, 1865, thus ending the War Between the States. The village of Old Appomattox Court House is now preserved as a national shrine by the Federal Government.
Geographic Location: Appomattox County
Physical Description of Location: Appomattox, VA 24522. Located on North Court Street, 0.5 miles of the intersection of North Court Street and Confederate Blvd. Marker is on the right when traveling on North Court Street.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth