About two miles south stood the colonial church known as the Apple Tree Church or St. Clement's Church. First authorized by the House of Burgesses in 1710, it served as the upper church of St. Stephen's Parish until after the Revolution. It was then abandoned and later destroyed by fire.
Geographic Location: King and Queen County
Physical Description of Location: St Stephens Church, VA 23148. Located on Richmond-Tappahannock Hwy (Hwy 360), 0.5 miles east of the intersection of Richmond-Tappahannock Hwy (Hwy 360) and Newtown Road. Marker is on the left when traveling east on Richmond-Tappahannock Hwy (Hwy 360).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth