Ampthill Marker, SA-30
A short distance south is Ampthill House, built by Henry Cary about 1730 on the south side of James River. It was the home of Colonel Archibald Cary, Revolutionary leader, and was removed to its present site by a member of the Cary family.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1937
Geographic Location: Richmond (City)
Physical Description of Location: Marker is located in the center median of Ampthill Road at the junction with Cary Street Road (Virginia 147), Richmond, VA 23226.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth