Albemarle County Marker, Z-146

Formed in 1744 from Goochland and named for the Earl of Albemarle, titular governor of Virginia, 1734-54. In 1761 Albemarle was divided and Buckingham and Amherst formed, and a part of Louisa was added to Albemarle. Thomas Jefferson was born in this county and lived in it.

Marker Information:
Year On Marker: 1946
Region: Blue Ridge and Central Piedmont Region
Geographic Location: Fluvanna County
Physical Description of Location: Palmyra, VA 22947. Located on Richmond Road (Hwy 250), 1 mile east of the junction of Richmond Road (Hwy 250) and County Road 618. Marker is on the right when traveling east on Richmond Road (Hwy 250).
GPS Location: 37.985858,-78.323985
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth