Accomac County Marker,
The Eastern Shore was first know as Accomac, for an Indian tribe. Accomac was on of the original shires formed in 1634. The name was changed to Northampton in 1643. In 1663, the present Accomac County was made from Northampton.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1928
Geographic Location: Accomack County
Physical Description of Location: Exmore, VA 23350. Located on Charles M. Lankford Jr. Memorial Hwy, 0.6 miles northeast of the intersection of Charles M. Lankford Jr. Memorial Hwy and Belle Haven Road (Rt. 178). Marker is on the right when traveling northeast on Charles M. Lankford Jr. Memorial Hwy.
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth