Abingdon Church Marker, NW-5
This is the third church of Abingdon Parish and was erected in 1755 on the site of an earlier one. The parish, established between 1650 and 1655, had its first church near the river.
Marker Information:Year On Marker: 1935
Geographic Location: Gloucester County
Physical Description of Location: Hayes, VA 23072. Located on George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17), 0.8 miles south of the junction of George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17) and State Route 614. Marker is on the left when traveling south on George Washington Memorial Hwy (Hwy 17).
Display on Google Maps
Display on Google Earth